Mumbai: Bollywood’s badshah Shah Rukh Khan has received threats from the Underworld several times and the dons have forced him to do particular films. But this time, it seems more serious. The Mumbai police on Tuesday confirmed that security for Shah Rukh Khan had been beefed up following threats from the underworld. It is said that on Saturday four rounds were fired outside producer Karim Morani’s Juhu home. Reports suggest a note was found at the site of the shooting that said, “SRK will be the next target.”
However, this is not the first time that SRK has been threatened by the Underworld. In an interview to The Times Of India in 2002, SRK said that he was approached by producer Nazim Rizvi and film financier Bharat Shah in 1998 to do their film. However, the actor refused them. Six months later Rizvi approached him again and said the dreaded don Chhota Shakeel had sent him to meet the actor and that the latter wanted to speak to me. Speaking to TOI, SRK said that that they dialed a number and he spoke to a man who identified himself as Shakeel and asked him to work in Rizvi‚Äôs film. SRK said, ‚ÄúI was scared and told Shakeel that I would first listen to the story and decide.” SRK added that he used to receive threatening calls on his mobile from Abu Salem forcing him to work in his movie. Shakeel also called twice to work with a girl called Nagma.
Ali Morani: In what seems like his worst nightmare, two gangsters allegedly opened fire inside Bollywood producer Ali Morani’s home in Mumbai on Saturday night. A Mid-Day report says that Ali Morani, a close friend and partner of SRK had received extortion calls from underworld don Ravi Pujari a week ago. However, he did not take them seriously. Quoting sources, the Mid-Day report adds that two shooters, allegedly from Ravi Pujari‚Äôs gang, entered Morani‚Äôs house in Juhu, Mumbai, and fired five rounds. Luckily no one was injured in the incident. It seems the intention was not to kill or hurt anyone but just warn Moorani.