Toronto: BAPS Charities hosted the BAPS Charities Walk to support the Sick Kids Foundation and the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre on Sunday August 24, 2014. The walk in Toronto started at the BAPS Swaminarayan Complex, located at 61 Claireville Drive, near Hwy 427 and Finch Avenue West.
This year’s walkathon brought together hundreds of families ranging from young kids at the age of 3 to seniors at the age of over 80.
Many dignitaries, community and business leaders were present at the event, including:
- Dr. Kirsty Duncan, MP, Etobicoke North
- Dr. Shafiq Qaadri , MPP, Etobicoke North
- Vincent Crisanti, Councillor Etobicoke North, Ward 1
- Ted Gerrard, President & CEO, Sick Kids Foundation
- Laura Syron, Vice President, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
“It just goes to show what a wonderful job that BAPS Charities does in supporting our community. At Sick Kids we are so grateful for the support that this community demonstrates,” said Ted Gerrard, President & CEO, Sick Kids Foundation.
Laura Syron, Vice President, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre appreciated BAPS Charities support of the hospital saying, “Thank you and live the Spirit of Service!”.