Islamabad: The Pakistan government would take a decision regarding NATO supplies passing through the country on the basis of recommendations of the parliamentary committee on national security, said Interior Minister Rehman Malik. Addressing journalists at a ceremony to pay tribute to security personnel who were killed in the war against terror, Malik said: “We have left the matter to the parliamentary committee, which is led by Senator Raza Rabbani, and the government will implement its recommendations, whatever these will be.” Malik said militants had been defeated in Swat and Malakand areas as a result of the efforts made by security personnel in the war against terror. The defence committee of the cabinet had decided to stop NATO supplies following the attack on two Pakistani checkposts on the Pakistan-Afghan border, Associated Press of Pakistan quoted the minister as saying. As many as 24 Pakistani soldiers were killed Nov 26 when NATO helicopter gunships attacked their checkposts in Mohmand Agency. The killing triggered an outrage in the country and Islamabad decided to cut off NATO supplies. It also boycotted an international conference that focussed on Afghanistan’s future and directed the US to vacate the key Shamsi airbase that used to launch drone strikes.