The following sets out what you need to know about our personal handling practices at Indocanadians.ca.
Personal information we might collect from you and why.
- Account information such as name, address, postal code, email address and phone number. This information is used to fulfill your request for information, products and services, provide relevant advertising, administer contests or promotions you enter and respond to your enquiries.
- Subscriber id and passwords so that you may access your account information and services.
- Collect credit card or banking information if required to complete a sale
- Usage information such as product or service preferences, purchase history, time spent and other customer engagement information to better understand your preferences and help us develop better products and services.
- If you choose to provide it to us, supplementary information such as gender, month and year of birth, income range, the industry you work in, your current position, and customer satisfaction information.
- Social media identifiers including both personal and non-personally identifying information you may provide by using social media sharing and log-in features. You can control what information you share through some social networking sites’ privacy settings.
We assume you have given us implied consent for some uses:
By purchasing any of our products or using any of our services, we assume you consent to receive the products and services and information relevant to them including service notifications, personalized content and services, relevant advertising, and other communications regarding our products, services, promotions and loyalty program.
Uses you can explicitly consent to:
- You may opt-in to receive additional services such specialized periodic email newsletters or marketing communications from our advertisers based on your areas of interest. Go to the Indocanadians.ca Website to take advantage of these services from Indocanadians.ca. Your email address is not shared with our advertisers.
- We are currently updating our Customer Preference Centre to include editing capabilities for supplemental information. In the meantime, please send email to info@Indocanadians.ca with your request.
Value you may receive:
- The Indocanadians.ca relies on customer information and insight to improve our products and services and to make our websites and applications easier to navigate.
- It also helps us customize your experience by delivering content, messages and advertising that are relevant to you.
- For example, registered users and subscribers have access to our portfolio tool and may create a stock watchlist, and may participate in discussions with other readers using our comment function.
What you can do if you wish to withdraw your consent or change your personal information:
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from marketing and/or service email communications from Indocanadians.ca please email info@Indocanadians.ca with your request. You may also click the unsubscribe link provided in the footer of all non-essential communication from The Indocanadians.ca. You must call Customer Service to provide an alternate method of contacting you should you wish to unsubscribe from certain email services we consider essential to your service such as billing notices, delivery notices, or password reset requests.
- If you wish to make a change to your supplementary information or remove your consent regarding The Indocanadians.ca’s use of your supplementary information, please send email to info@Indocanadians.ca.com and include supplementary Information in the subject line.You may manage your editorial newsletters by e-mailing info@Indocanadians.ca with your request; or if you are a registered user or subscriber, manage your advertiser marketing offer consents and see what is available to you from The Indocanadians.ca Website.
- You can opt-out of online behavioural advertising where applicable by contacting the Indocanadians.ca customer services center or email info@Indocanadians.ca.
- You can also limit the collection of your information by disabling cookies. However, because TheIndocanadians.ca website rely on cookies to enable core functionality, disabling cookies is not recommended. If you choose to do so, some of The Indocanadians.ca’s services may not work properly.
- You may update your account information by logging in to the www.Indocanadians.ca, clicking your username at the top right corner of the webpage and then following the “Edit Profile” link.
- Information you provided to Indocanadians.ca through social network integration features, such as Facebook Connect, Twitter, or LinkedIn are governed by the terms of that particular service, and may not automatically be updated by the underlying service in Indocanadians.ca’s records.
Contacting The Indocanadians.ca regarding your privacy:
What is not covered by this policy:
- Information that is not personally identifiable such as type of browser or operating system you are using, your network, our web pages you have visited, other web pages you have visited before and after visiting ours, type of device, general location information and other similar types of anonymous or de-identified information may be collected and used by us and third parties including advertisers.
- Aggregate data that cannot be associated with a specific person, such as demographic statistics about The Indocanadians.ca’s customers, or number of visitors and average time spent on a website.
- Personal Information for Editorial Purposes — As you may expect, information collected for editorial purposes, whether or not it is considered “personal”, is exempt from the requirements of Canadian law and is not covered by this policy. Business contact information including the name, title, business address and telephone number of an employee of an organization, publicly available information such as an individual’s name and address when listed in or made available through a directory, or any other information or circumstance that falls outside the scope of or is exempted by applicable privacy legislation.
1. The Fine Print
The following sets out some additional detail about The Indocanadians.ca’s business practices as it pertains to your personal information.
The Indocanadians.ca may collect personal information using the following means:
- 1.When you become a subscriber;
- 2.When you register for any of The Indocanadians.ca’s services or sign up for special features such as contests;
- 3.By using cookies and similar technologies when you visit our site; and
- 4.By conducting surveys
(a) Cookies and Similar Technologies
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing a unique identifier that are placed in your browser in order to store information about your web browsing and usage of a Indocanadians.ca website (“Cookie Data”). Cookies are used by The Indocanadians.ca to collect and store usage information such as:
- Anonymized user IDs for logged in Registered Users and Subscribers
- Device IP Address (which does not reveal your identity)
- Usage Data such as the number of page views, frequency of visits, time spent on a particular page and other similar statistics pertaining to your use of our website and services.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so by your computer settings. Please note that for technical reasons a Indocanadians.ca website must rely on cookies to enable some of the essential functionality. If you disable cookies, some elements of the website may not function correctly. Also, please note that if you navigate away from a Indocanadians.ca website by, for example, clicking on an advertising link, other parties may also place a cookie in your browser. The Indocanadians.ca does not control the activities of other parties and is not responsible for their practices.
(b) Registration Information
If you choose to become a registered user, we will ask you to provide us with basic account information such as your name, email address, country, and postal code. We may also ask you supplementary information, such as your birth month and year, income range, the industry you work in, and your current position. If you choose to provide it, we use supplementary information for internal purposes such as making improvements to our website and analytics. We use account information and supplementary information to offer you personalized content, promotions of The Indocanadians.ca’s services, and to deliver to you relevant advertising. Please note that you can always withdraw your consent to the continued use of your supplementary information.
(c) Subscription Information
If you choose to subscribe to a product or service of Indocanadians.ca, we will ask you to provide information to complete the sale including name, email, address, telephone number and billing information. We will use your subscription information for internal purposes such as making improvements to our website and analytics, and to communicate with you about your subscription and to offer products and services that may be of interest to you.
(d) Mobile Browsing
When you access The Indocanadians.ca on your mobile device, such as a smartphone or a tablet computer, using a web browser or a Indocanadians.ca app, we collect similar usage information as we do on other devices. Some mobile devices can transmit location data but The Indocanadians.ca is not able to access that information without your express consent. If you choose to share location data with The Indocanadians.ca, you will be able to turn off such data collection at any time by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device.
(e) Contests, Promotions, Surveys and Marketing Communications
(f) Social Media
2. How Information may be Used
The Indocanadians.ca uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
Fulfill your Request:
To fulfill your request for services. For example, if you want to purchase a paper subscription to The Indocanadians.ca, we will ask you for your name and delivery address.
To help us make your experience on our website more convenient. For example, we rely on cookie data to detect when a registered user or a subscriber who has previously signed in visits the site again. It is also used to recall user preferences and information on subsequent visits (e.g., watchlists and newsletters).
Personalized Content and Services:
To help you discover our best stories, to provide you with a more interactive service, and to make you personalized offers for Indocanadians.ca products. For example, we may suggest content and products that are more relevant to your interests and/or occupation. We will also suggest content based on your usage data. For example, if you read stories about cars and hockey, we may recommend stories on related topics.
To help us make advertisements more relevant to groups of similar users on our websites. The Indocanadians.ca delivers two kinds of relevant advertising. One is based only on your activity on our site and any information you chose to disclose to us with consent to be used for advertising purposes (“first-party relevant advertising”). The other is based on your activity across different sites on the Internet and is commonly referred as online behavioural advertising.
To understand how users interact with our website, to improve the operation and performance of The Indocanadians.ca’s products and services, to develop new products and services, to detect fraud, and to improve security.
Communicate Offers and Promotions:
To communicate with you about The Indocanadians.ca’s offers and promotions. You can withdraw your consent to specific types of email communications by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of the email message. Note that you will continue to receive communications that directly pertain to your services.
Enforce Terms and Conditions:
To contact you regarding issues with your use of The Indocanadians.ca’s services such as posting on the public commenting board that are subject to our Terms of Service. We reserve the right to contact you if we have reason to believe that you have violated our Terms of Service.
Other administrative reasons:
If you provide a complaint to The Indocanadians.ca or send a request to customer service, we will keep the relevant information for the purpose of investigating your complaint or request and responding to you. If you are a freelancer we may collect your social insurance number for tax reporting purposes and other information required to enter into a contract with and pay you. We generally use your personal information for the purposes of managing, administering, collecting or enforcing your accounts, maintaining business records for a reasonable time and generally managing and administering our business and meeting all relevant Canadian and international regulatory, legal, insurance, audit, security and processing requirements.
3. Security and Disclosure
The Indocanadians.ca takes steps to hold your information securely:
The Indocanadians.ca has put in place reasonable physical, electronic, contractual and managerial measures to protect the information we collect from loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Information stored abroad:
In some cases The Indocanadians.ca will disclose personal information to service providers to perform activities outside of Canada on our behalf. Your personal information may also be transferred outside of Canada for storage and processing. As a result, secure storage, use and access to your personal information may be subject to the laws of those countries.
The Indocanadians.ca may disclose your personal information to our affiliates for administrative purposes. The Indocanadians.ca may disclose your personal information to third parties if you have violated our terms of service or conditions of purchase, or if we need to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests, other legal and regulatory authorities or for other legal reasons. The Indocanadians.ca may disclose your personal information on a confidential basis to parties connected with any contemplated or actual financing, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
4. How to disable cookies?
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but offer a number of ways to control cookie preferences. Typically, users can:
- 1.Disable all cookies (not recommended)
- 2.Require approval each time a website attempts to place a cookie
- 3.Remove cookies manually or have them deleted automatically after a certain period
For step-by-step instructions on how to modify cookie preferences, please consult your browser’s support documentation.